While we care for those impacted by COVID-19, we are also here to support ALL of your healthcare needs, both in person and online/by telehealth. In addition, our Pediatric Emergency Department is fully open to serve you.
Doctor's Office Appointments
Stony Brook Children’s Advanced Pediatric Care physician offices remain open for newborn visits, to see patients with chronic conditions or new health concerns, and to care for patients with injuries not severe enough to go to the Pediatric Emergency Department.
Many precautions are being taken at doctors’ offices to keep you safe and to limit coronavirus spread so you can safely receive the care you need. To reduce the amount of people in our office and waiting areas, our patients can remain in their vehicles and complete their normal check-in process using their cell phone. We are also taking these additional safety measures:
- Waiting rooms have been rearranged to allow for optimal social distancing
- Masks are required for all employees and patients while within our facilities
- Hand sanitizer is accessible to all entering our examination spaces
- Cleaning frequency has been increased
- We have separate care facilities for suspected and known COVID-19 patients
Pediatric Emergency Department
If you have an urgent and severe medical need, our dedicated Pediatric Emergency Department is open 24/7, completely staffed by pediatric ED-trained physicians and staff, and our Children's Hospital is open to all patients. Urgent surgeries and procedures are still being performed, and should not be delayed.
Many safeguards are also being taken at the hospital to reduce exposure to the coronavirus:
- All staff are wearing masks
- Restricted visitation policies have significantly reduced the number of people in the hospital
- Patients suspected of having coronavirus are separated from other patients
- Normal procedures and workflows have been adapted to reduce the number of personnel or excessive passage through hospital areas with infected patients
Virtual Telehealth Appointments
Stony Brook Children’s Hospital is now offering Telehealth visits, which allows patients to receive high-quality care from the safety and privacy of their home. To see if your needs can be met virtually, please call your physician’s office. For more information or if you require support to connect for an upcoming appointment, please visit stonybrookmedicine.edu/telehealth.
For more information about your individual needs, please call (631) 444-KIDS (5437) or feel free to reach out directly to your doctor’s office.
Learn more about Stony Brook University’s ramped-up telehealth efforts through Stony Brook’s weekly “Beyond the Expected” podcast on “The Coronavirus Effect: Telehealth Response.”