Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology (PAG) is a subspecialty within Obstetrics and Gynecology that focuses on reproductive health in patients ranging from birth to young adulthood. Our division was created to address the special needs of patients in this age range, because their gynecologic and emotional needs are distinct from adults.
We understand that talking about gynecologic problems can be especially difficult, frightening or embarrassing for young patients, and that evaluation and treatment requires a sensitive approach individualized to each patient and their family.
Our gynecologists provide compassionate, age-appropriate care for conditions such as, but not limited to:
• Irregular, heavy or painful menses
• Ovarian cysts
• Vulvovaginal problems
• Abnormal pubertal development (early or delayed puberty)
• Abnormal anatomy of the reproductive tract
• Amenorrhea (lack of menses/period)
• Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
• Gynecologic consequences of cancer treatment and fertility preservation