Stony Brook Children's offers a number of unique programs that support children with cancer and their families.
- School Re-Entry and Intervention Program for Children with Cancer and Chronic Blood Disorders
- Play Fit, Stay Fit. A 12-week program in conjunction with physical therapists that addresses the physical deficits that arise as a result of the disease or its treatment.
- Living in Love palliative care and bereavement care program
- Play It Forward program links sports teams from Stony Brook University and local high schools to children in the pediatric hematology/oncology program.
- The Sunrise Fund
- The Dan Brooks Memorial Educational Award for Students With Cancer
Many of these programs are supported by the Sunrise Fund, which was started at Stony Brook to raise awareness of childhood cancer and to fund specific programs. Stony Brook is also active in other fundraising events.